- Paragraph #1-List all the different types of social media you used for this and/or other courses at Durham College. This includes both formal social media platforms (like DC Connect & college email) as well as informal platforms (private Facebook chats & personal email).
- Answer: The different social medias that i use at Durham college, this course and other courses both formally and informally are:
- Dc connect
- G mail
- Hi5………… all i could possible take into account.
- Paragraph #2-Comment on which social media platforms you preferred to use. Critically reflect as to why you preferred those social media platforms over others
- Answer: The social media platforms that i prefer are:
- yahoo – all my mails are dispatched to this account.
- Google – whatever information i need to know, this platform is easily accessible
- DC connect – all updates on courses taken are sent through this medium
- Facebook- i use it mostly to collaborate with close friends and generally family members
- Skype – chat with friends
- YouTube – listen to music
I use these social media platforms everyday and they have become apart of my daily routine activities each and every day. I never really took the time to surf the internet to get updates about the latest APPS or other platforms for the basis of communication or “need to know”. I am more conservative and these medium works for me.
- Paragraph #3-Comment on which social media platforms you did not like to use. Critical reflect as to why you did not like using/avoided those social media platforms over others
Answers:Social media platforms that i didn’t like to use are:
Hi 5 – They were charging to register, more over it was becoming rather difficult to comprehend and they would change the feature of my page without any formal notice or consent.
I am very much aware of some of the other social media platforms that are widely used, such as: Twitter, Tagged, MySpace, LinkedIn etc but i have never really taken the time to inform myself about them nor utilize them as my interest was never spooked at all.